Sporting beat FC Porto earlier in the championship

Sporting, this Sunday’s derby towards FC Porto (4-2), in the opening spherical of the I Division of curler hockey, received the second match with a quicker and extra calculated first half.

In a quirk of the calendar, the first matchday noticed a dwell match between the two most important contenders for the nationwide title at the Pavilhão João Rocha in Lisbon.

With a brand new coach and new individuals answerable for the curler hockey division, Sporting began the championship with FC Porto intent on overcoming their current defeat in the Antonio Livramento Supercup towards Benfica.

The match acquired off to a promising begin with each groups searching for the opposition aim with tempo and sporting a sixth minute Tony Perez shot that hit the put up.

In the subsequent minute, FC Porto had been dominant and Xavi Barroso scored on a rebound after Angelo Girão made a primary save.

The sport continued at a brisk tempo and Sporting had a direct free kick, however Gonzalo Romero squandered the likelihood.

Argentina could be the hero as soon as once more, this time aiding João Souto to equalize in the tenth minute, and once more in the nineteenth minute he was confronted with a penalty, which he transformed.

However, FC Porto had been nonetheless alive in the sport and, in the twenty first minute, restored parity, as Angelo Girao was punished for bringing down Carlo Di Benedetto in the penalty. Goncalo Alves, who was known as to attain, tied the match.

With the groups, each took a extra cautious stance in the second half and, in the remaining interval, Sporting had been extra completely happy, due to a superb mixture in the space with Matias Platero ending on 44.

The “Lions” resumed – and undoubtedly – command of the scoreboard and, in the final minute, Toni Perez scored a quiet aim, after the Porto aim was requested, after an insistent transfer by Ferran Font.

The fourth aim confirmed the Sportinguista victory and confirmed entry for the “Lions” in Division I, with FC Porto recording their second straight defeat towards rivals.

Games at the Joao Rocha Pavilion in Lisbon.

Sporting – FC Porto, 4-2.

Half time: 2-2.


0-1, Xavi Barroso, 07 minutes.

1-1, João Souto, 10.

2-1, Gonzalo Romero, 19 (penalty).

2-2, Gonzalo Alves, 21 (penalty).

3-2, Matias Platero, 44.

4-2, Tony Perez, 49.

Under the referees of Pedro Silva and João Duarte, the groups lined up:

– Sporting: Angelo Girao, Alessandro Verona, Toni Perez, Matias Platero and Gonzalo Romero. Also taking part in: João Souto, Ferran Font and Henrique Magalhães.

Coach: Alejandro Dominguez.

– FC Porto: Javi Malian, Javi Barroso, Gonzalo Alves, Telmo Pinto and Rafa Costa. Also taking part in: Tomas Mena, Carlo Di Benedetto and Roque Pujadas.

Coach: Ricardo Ares.

Attendance: About 1,200 spectators.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.